Preaching by Rodger Nishioka
Worship by Beth Mueller
What Is the Heartland Youth Encounter?
- Week spent building intentional Christian community within your youth group
- High energy speakers and worship services
- Engaging camp activities like horse rides, archery, swimming, and rock climbing
- Awesome large group rec, including night games
- Small group Bible studies led by our trained staff
We believe that the Heartland Youth Encounter is specifically suited to building up youth groups. By coming to a place set apart for the Lord, youth leave their technology, release the social pressures to fit in, and let down their walls allowing meaningful relationships to grow.
How We are different
- Centrally located in the Midwest making travel simple and easy.
- Open to both middle and high school groups, allowing you to bring all your youth to one event. Small group and Bible study will be split based on age group to cater to the unique issues of middle and high school.
- Open to individuals, if you are excited about the conference but your youth group can't attend don't worry! We will place all campers who come apart from a youth group together so they can still get the full experience.
- Our energetic college-aged staff lead all rec, activities, and Bible studies. Leave the planning to us and enjoy!
- Open to the whole Church, we focus on the central message of Jesus' life, death, and resurrection.
Dates, Cost and Schedule
Dates: June 10th-15th
Cost: $495 Per camper or volunteer
Location: Heartland Camp - 16965 NW 45 Hwy, Parkville, MO 64152
Registration: TO reserve spots for your youth group, contact jared at email@example.com. To reserve 4-9 spots a deposit of $250 is required, for 10-20 campers the deposit is $500.
Adult Volunteers - We ask that each youth group provide one adult volunteer per 7 youth of a given gender (e.g. if a group brings 10 girls and 5 boys we will ask them to provide 2 female volunteers and 1 male volunteer). Having adult volunteers is one of the most important parts of this ministry. The adult volunteers have the opportunity to experience camp with their youth, build relationships through activities and worships, then take those relationships back to their home churches.
Arrival - Registration begins at 4:00 pm on Sunday. We ask that any adult volunteers and youth leaders come at 3:00 pm for an orientation. For out of town participants, our facilities and staff can accommodate your youth during the orientation time. After the meeting you will have an opportunity to move into your housing for the week and explore camp before dinner at 6:00 pm.
Departure - The Heartland Youth Encounter will end Friday morning after breakfast and a sending worship.
Lodging - The Heartland Youth Encounter will be housed in our retreat-style lodges: Oak Place, Trask House and Pete's Cabin. Youth groups will be housed together with boys and girls sleeping in different rooms. All of our buildings are ADA. Please contact Jared Briscoe at 816-891-1078 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for special accommodations.