Traveling Day Camps
“Our Day Camp program is a unique and beautiful ministry. We have the opportunity to share the love of Christ with kids that come for 1 week or all 10 weeks of the summer. Our staff are exceptional. We have searched for servant-hearted staff just for your child. They teach our campers Bible stories, play crazy games, sing songs and most importantly love them for exactly who they are. God is so real at camp and I am blessed to see this unique experience change the lives of our campers and staff daily. Bringing our incredible Day Camp program to the surrounding communities is such a wonderful opportunity. God is so good and I can’t wait for the summer to start so that we can spread the Good News of Jesus Christ together.”
-Andrea Cronin (Staff Alumni)
Thank you so much for your interest in being a part of Heartland’s Traveling Day Camp!
Last year we served with churches all over the Midwest and this year we would love to serve with you as well! If you are interested please feel free to contact us! We would love to set up a meeting with you and/or your committee to answer any questions that you might have.
Why Traveling Day Camp?
- To build relationships and impact lives for Jesus Christ
- To share the Good News of Jesus Christ with young people in your church and community
- Young people will connect with committed Christian role models
- Kids enjoy the outdoors with water games, archery, camp activities, campfires and sometimes we bring our horses!
- Teach kids the love of God through daily Bible stories, crafts and skits
- Bring 55 years of camp experience to your backyard
- Give your church another way to reach out
What is Traveling Day Camp?
- A week-long unique blend of outdoor ministries and congregational ministry
- Designed for young people who have completed grades K-6
- Heartland provides programming (staff, art supplies, game equipment, curriculum resources, and activities)
- The congregation provides support services, promotion of the program, involvement and some volunteers
- The curriculum is Christ-centered and activity based
Strengths of Traveling Day Camp
- It is a relational ministry and our emphasis is to offer quality Christian role models for young people
- Traveling Day Camp teams are comprised of young adults who are selected for their passion for the Lord
- Staff are trained to lead Bible studies, worship, singing, crafts and recreation
- This program is dedicated to bringing the outdoor activities and energy of camp to your community
How Much Is Traveling Day Camp?
Tier 1: $3,100
- 20-42 Campers
- 1 Leadership Staff
- 3 Counselors
Tier 4: $5,900
- 71-84 Campers
- 2 Leadership Staff
- 6 Counselors
Tier 2: $4,150
- 43-56 Campers
- 1 Leadership Staff
- 4 Counselors
Tier 5: $6,800
- 85-100 Campers
- 2 Leadership Staff
- 7 Counselors
Tier 3: $5,050
- 57-70 Campers
- 2 Leadership Staff
- 5 Counselors
Tier 6 and Above: 68$ per camper
- As Many Campers As You Have!
- One Counselor For Every 14 Campers
- One Leadership Staff For Every 50 Campers
These Prices Include:
- All activity and craft supplies
- Curriculum and all activities/instructions to execute curriculum
- Evening Program Options (Family Night, Youth Night, Camp-In)
EXTRA: Horses can be added starting at $400 per day, with possible additional cost for locations outside of the Kansas City area. Horses are driven to your church, rides are led by trained camp wrangling staff.
*Heartland charges the church and the church then determines the fee per camper. The fee per camper varies among churches.
Our Available Dates: All of our spots are full for the summer of 2018, feel free to contact us about information for 2019.
- June 4th - 8th
- June 11th - 15th
- June 18th - 22nd
- June 25th - 29th
July 2nd - 6th *
- July 9th - 13th
- July 16th - 20th
- July 23rd - 27th
- July 30th - August 3rd
* Four Day week at reduced rate due to the holiday
Take a look:
Steps to Being an AWESOME Volunteer:
1. Please watch this video tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVXXvMYQHmE
2. Read this: Traveling Day Camp Volunteer Basics
3. Read this: Volunteer Policies and Procedures Packet
4. Before filling out your online volunteer form we recommend gathering the following information as you cannot save the form and finish later:
- Two character references (first and last name, reference’s email)
- Date of last tetanus shot (month/year)
- Current medications/side-affects
5. Fill out this online Traveling Day Camp Volunteer Form (should take 10-15 minutes):
*note all information in this online form is kept confidential and secure
6. You should receive a confirmation email celebrating the completion of your volunteer forms! Hooray!
7. We will review your Volunteer Form and contact your church coordinator to let them know we have received it!
8. On the Sunday before your week of Traveling Day Camp our staff will host a volunteer training to help make sure you enter the week with confidence and a sense of community!
9. Show up to your week of Traveling Day Camp ready to serve the Lord and love kids!
register a camper:
Here are the locations of our 2018 Traveling Day Camps!
- All registration will be through Heartland Camp (register below)
- The price of camp varies according to each location
- All payments are through the church hosting day camp after you have registered online
- Once you register online, all communication about camp (payment, what to bring, times, etc.) will be through the church hosting day camp
- If you have any questions please call Heartland Camp at 816-891-1078
- First Presbyterian Church - Minneapolis, Kansas - Registration Opens Later
- Kaw Prairie Community Church - Lenexa, Kansas
- Sunrise Presbyterian & First Presbyterian Church - Salina, Kansas
- First Presbyterian Church - Wakarusa, Kansas
- Potwin Presbyterian Church & Westside Baptist Church - Topeka, Kansas
- First Presbyterian Church - Riley, Kansas
- First Presbyterian Church - Gardner, Kansas
- Holmeswood Baptist Church - Kansas City, Missouri
- New Springs Community Church - Lee's Summit, Missouri
- First Presbyterian Church - Fort Scott, Kansas
- First Presbyterian Church - Lee's Summit, Missouri
- Trinity Presbyterian Church - Topeka, Kansas
- North Saint Joseph Churches - Saint Joseph, Missouri
- Chapel Hill Presbyterian Church - Blue Springs, Missouri
- First Presbyterian Church - Manhattan, Kansas
- United Christian Presbyterian Church - Richmond, Missouri
- First Presbyterian Church - Maryville, Missouri
- First Presbyterian Church - Liberty, Missouri
- First Presbyterian Church - Clinton, Missouri
- Fairview United Methodist Church - Columbia, Missouri
- First Baptist Church - Blue Springs, Missouri
- Gashland United Methodist Church - Kansas City, Missouri
- First Presbyterian Church - Joplin, Missouri
July 30-August 3:
- First Presbyterian Church - Blue Rapids, Kansas
- Blue Ridge Presbyterian Church - Raytown, Missouri
- John Knox Presbyterian Kirk - Kansas City, Missouri
- Platte City United Methodist Church - Platte City, Missouri
- Village Presbyterian Church - Prairie Village, Kansas