It has been a wonderful week here at Heartland Camps and our prayer is that your child never forgets the experience they had.
Our theme for the week was “I am…”. Each day we focused on a different part of our identity that is rooted in Jesus Christ. At our morning Bible study and our nighttime worship, we discussed stories in the Bible that related to each theme and how to apply them practically in our lives.
Monday: I am created for a reason (Luke 1: 5-20)
Tuesday: I am loved by God (John 11: 17-27)
Wednesday: I am in need of a Savior (Mark 10: 46-52)
Thursday: We are gifted with a purpose (1 Cor. 12: 4-11)
Friday: We are on a mission (Colossians 3: 12-17)
We’ve provided a list of questions for you to use to ignite meaningful conversations and help your camper process what they learned.
- When did you feel closest to God throughout the week?
- Walk me through a typical day of camp!
- What was one thing you learned that you didn’t know before this week?
- Which bible story was your favorite? (Then ask them to retell it in their own words)
- What was the hardest part of the week? What made it so challenging?
- What will you miss most about camp?
- Who was your favorite person to spend time with throughout the week?
- When did you laugh the hardest?
- If you could relive one day, which day would it be?
Thank you so much for sharing your camper with us this week! We hope to see them again soon!
Love, Heartland Camps